Painter / Prepper
Livingston West Lothian
Great rates of pay dependent on experience.
Are you looking to join an exciting and growing business with fantastic working conditions and be part of a great team?
If so we need you!
Thanks to continual growth we are looking for additional experienced painters and preppers to join our dayshift at our busy vehicle refurb centre in Livingston which operates 24 hours shot-blasting and painting new and used commercial vehicles.
You should be:
- Skilled, hardworking and with previous workshop experience. Previous experience in the commercial vehicle refurbishing industry a distinct advantage.
- Driven to work to a high standard while maintaining efficiency
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
In exchange for your skills and talent, we offer great rates of pay dependent on experience.
This is full time position with immediate start.
If you want to take advantage of this great opportunity to join a great business, please phone Tommy on 07975 944607 or email a CV and covering letter to careers(at)mvcommercial.co.uk
FULL TIME HGV MECHANICS ROLE
Minimum of 45 Hours per Week
Negotiable ( Depending on Experience )
MV Commercial, based at Flamstead Nr Luton have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at our newest depot. Specialising in truck rental, sales and leasing we are looking to recruit a skilled HGV mechanic/technician to join our workshop team looking after our extensive fleet of commercial vehicles.
The ideal candidate needs to be a highly driven and motivated individual with an eye for detail and a self starter. A flexible approach and a can do attitude are a pre requisite for this role.
The following skills are what we are looking for:
- To have served a recognised apprenticeship in a heavy vehicle environment (indentured certificate, contract of training or equivalent must be available)
- Qualified to minimum of City and Guilds 380 part 2 Craft certificate or equivalent
- Have a clean drivers licence and hold a HGV class 1 licence or modern equivalent
- Be a self-starter and work on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to use modern diagnostic equipment (TEXA, Mancats, Davie, Jaltest, Delphi, Tech 2, Easy or similar) and continue with accurate corrective measures
- Able to work at the roadside with access to an appropriately equipped and stocked service van to repair at the roadside fully or carry out safe temporary repairs to allow our customers to continue their journeys with the minimum of delay
- In-depth knowledge of modern commercial vehicle electrical and CAN systems
- In-depth knowledge of modern commercial vehicle fuel and emissions systems
- In-depth knowledge of modern commercial vehicle air brake and air suspension systems
- City and Guilds 390 Full Tech certificate or equivalent
- Basic computer use, experience of dealer management systems (Keridge, Kalamazoo, InspHire ) and simple Windows applications
- Fabrication and welding experience
The ideal candidate will have served an apprenticeship or similar course of training with a road haulage contractor workshop or main dealer workshop. They will have gained a level of experience commensurate with the period of time they have spent at their trade. They will be able to fabricate and weld and repair items where possible rather than renew as is the current trend and practise.
This is a full time position working a minimum of 45 hours per week with overtime as and when required.
If you wish to apply for the role, please forward your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected] Alternatively you can post your application or pop in and see us at MV Commercial, Watling Street, Flamstead, AL3 8HB. If you have any questions please call 01582 840477